this last weekend was THE whistler trip...
robyn and i rode with our dearest neighbors and friends, mike and brett. it was a party! i can't think of who else we would have rather drove with... other than justin egge maybe haha. anyway,
winter is off to a slow start, so we only had enough snow for one day. the boarding was alright, my ankle is still messed up from last season... (i have a torn legament in my right ankle). this made it frustrating but i am determined to make it work, i am NOT getting surgery. i was cool with taking it easy, enjoying my new boarding mix, and enjoying the scenery. we happened to be at the resort on the opening day for the brand new Peak-to-Peak gondola lift. this lift is awesome, traveling from the top of Blackcomb to Whistler in 11 minutes. the view is gorgeous, even when you are at the highest part of 1500 ft from the air. amazing.
after the first day of snowboarding we went out to dinner and then to a club. of course all us girls got all prettied up and for me that ALWAYS includes a pair of pumps... i am 5'2 seriously it is a necessity. so since pumps and ice just don't mix i was escorted by the men to and from anywhere whenever i wore these shoes. not bad eh? yeah except when we got out of the club the bus system wasn't running anymore and it was either walk back to the condo or wait in the freezing cold weather for a cab. all the girls with pumps chose the cab. i think we all retired our heels at that point for the remainder of the trip.
the next day we enjoyed some shopping, a movie, more hot tubbing, and some games later that night. the village at whistler is a lot of fun. since it wasn't the best snow we plan to return again this season so we can do some real boarding. yay! i have to mention that we had a great group of peeps on this trip. we were in an awesome place but mostly it was great to be with good, fun people. i love that feeling. now here are a few highlights.
things to remember...
1) mike, brett, robyn, and i being stopped at the border
2) brad pitt's look alike was on the trip
3) ALWAYS be the middle person when theres 5 people per bed
4) "Womanizer" is a great theme song
5) i lose every water fight i ever start
6) never wear pumps in the mountains
7) never wear a purple bandana
8) TNA is my new favorite store
9) kham makes great breakfest
10) "single ladies" is best performed in the middle of a crowded dance floor
11) never be afraid to wear a bikini
12) never go on a trip without walkie-talkies