Friday, February 5, 2010

Triathalon

Time for another adventure...

I will be doing my very first Triathalon this summer. Ok so a Sprint Triathalon... the "beginners" version. Race stats include Swim - 1/2 mile, bike - 12 miles, and run 3.1 miles. Training will begin soon and I am very excited. I know I can do this. I love swimming and am have always been a strong swimmer, my abnormally muscular legs were made for biking, and I can already run 3.1 miles easy... shout out to Jillian Michaels! Not sure I can do all those things in a row BUT not to worry I have some time and with a little training I will be ready! Never thought I would ever be signed up for one of these but I am really excited about it.

I also have to say I'm not alone in this. My Aunt Debbie who is AWESOME is doing this first one with me! She will be a great training buddy and I can only imagine how awesome it will be to finish the race with her! I also have some great friends here in Seattle that are a great support and keep me motivated. So here I am all positive, we will see how my attitude changes when training actually starts.

So with Jillian's help, the triathalon, and swim suit season coming up... I better be looking good this summer or else!

6 comments:

  1. This is sweet Sara, you are definitely stronger then I am for doing this. You are gonna do great, stay motivated and positive. I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude Sara you are so awesome!!! That is so cool! Ya know you can pick Ben's brain if ya want. He was on the University of Georgia Triathlon team so he's done quite a few of those! That's so awesome though, I wish I was strong enough to do one! Maybe someday we can do one together! Dude i'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I would hope to be ready for that too but probably shouldn't try and push myself that fast... Maybe I am wrong.. I do want to start running to get in shape!! Yay for 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot! You go girl. And in response to your comment on my blog, I'd love to run with you. But you'll be horrified when you see how pathetic I am still. Where are you living these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go cutie! how exciting! I bet you will do GREAT! Miss you! Haha go figure you decide to do a triathalon and I join a gym... You will be my motivation! :) luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara! You go girl! I have always wanted to do a triathalon! You keep that motivation up all the way and you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete