Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Andrew's Call

Andrew is going on his mission to... Guadalajara, Mexico! He leaves August 11th.

It took less than a week for his call to come... sooooo crazy. I can't believe little Andy is about to go off and serve the Lord. I'm so proud of him. He really is a great kid and will be a fabulous missionary. Ambitious, hard working, smart, fun, stylish (thanks to his sisters), considerate, and compassionate, he is all of these things. He is going to have a great mission! Andrew is such a blessing in our family and I am so grateful that he without a doubt is happy to go and serve.

When Andrew was little I was totally the mean older sister. What can I say, I wanted a little sister not a little brother?! I just loved teasing him, dressing him up like a girl, and fighting with him. Then all of the sudden I came home from college and he was bigger than me. It all worked out and now we get along quite well. Andrew def grew up in the same family as me, we like to have FUN. The kid knows how to play. He does all kinds of fun stuff, dirt bike, build stuff, wake board, snow board, ski... he does it all. I suppose you could say growing up on a farm he knows how to work too but I am thinking the mission thing will help him in that area.

Love this kid. He is going to be great. And I think it's safe to say he will be spoiled by his Mom and sisters while he is out there serving.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Andrew!! Your mom will get gray hairs worrying about him while he's gone :)

    ReplyDelete