Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July

4th of July was great this year! I ran a 5K at midnight in downtown Seattle to bring in the 4th with friends... it was late and all uphill but I survived! A year ago I never would have guessed I would be running races and finishing triathlons. It is a great feeling!

I also watched fireworks downtown Seattle with friends. It was pretty rad. Seattle puts on quite the show.





So summer has been horribly cold this year. It makes me so sad. I love the sun and the heat but I get neither in Seattle for 9 months out of the year so the 3 summer months come and go way too quickly. I still love it here and don't plan on going anywhere... at least for a couple more years.

Even though it isn't record breaking heat like last year it is still boating season! We took the yacht out for the first time a couple weeks ago. I love that thing and my Dad for taking me and my friends around all the time. We saw a seal, a porpoise, and did some shrimping, but no whales yet. I will be going out a couple more times this summer so I am keeping my fingers crossed! We will also get to go crabbing next time, yay! I like catching them more than eating them haha but it is still fun. The San Juans are so beautiful and there is nothing better than laying out on a boat while you cruise around in a gorgeous place with great people. I was made for the water.



And this last weekend Nichole and her family came to visit Western Washington. They played on the yacht during the week then came to hang out with me in the city for the weekend. I took the kids around to Seattle Center, the Experience Music Project, the Seattle Aquarium, Pike's Place, and the Gum Wall. The kids also got to see where Aunt Sara lives and works. I think it is safe to say they were quite impressed. I love my family.








Andrew was the only one missing from this trip, but he leaves in a few weeks for his mission anyway, so we will have to adjust to him being gone soon anyway. Hah. He leaves August 11th so it is getting close.

The next month and a half will be insane. My weekends will go a little something like this... Andrew is home from college party in ML, Laura comes to visit and we go yachting, Andrew's farewell, Emillie's wedding, some more yaching and camping and whales, John Mayer/Keith Urban concert, MAUI, possibly my 2nd triathlon (still deciding if I am up for it). This summer is going to be gone before I know it...

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable in that outfit where you're blowing the bubble. Love it! Miss you Sara b!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. I'd love to see you this weekend. What's your #? Mine is 750-3827. We will be around on Friday, in the late afternoon on Saturday and all of Sunday. I'm sure I'll see you at church, but it would be fun to hang out. I'm excited about the tri too. We don't have it set in stone yet, but we were thinking about doing the one in Issaquah at Lake Sammamish on August 28th. A few of the girls husbands can't make that one so we may do the one you are talking about. :) That'd be fun to do the same one. I'm sure you'll kick my butt! I just wanna finish. We did our first brick today & what an eye opener. haha... I'm gonna need to definitely practice that more. We'll see you sometime this weekend.

    ReplyDelete