Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Making It

I think I have finally made my way in the world... at least career-wise. I received a fantastic job offer and will begin my new job at Passport Unlimited as an Account Manager this Friday. I am ecstatic. So many things happened along the way that made me realize that it was a complete miracle and such a blessing!

A few months ago my roommate Robyn (who currently works at Passport), decided she would go back to school full-time to pursue a Masters in Teaching. She suggested I apply for her position and I agreed. Ever since she got the job I have thought, that is definitely something I would love to do. Event planning, occassional travel, account management, promoting a well-known corporate discount program... great things. After she helped me get my foot in the door and my first interview, I felt great about it. With this economy it has been difficult to even get an interview. Luckily they liked me enough to come back for another interview and then a final interview with a panel of 3 people. I was nervous and not sure that it would work out but prayed that whatever happened was meant to be. I haven't prepared for an interview so much. I studied, and asked Robyn questions, and practiced interview questions, and worked hard to prepare myself. It is great to have your hard work pay off and to feel like I am on my way to really beginning my career here in Seattle. I have enjoyed working downtown Seattle but my current position wasn't going anywhere... and not paying enough to support the wardrode I wish I had, so it was time for a change. I will be working on the Eastside about 10 minutes away from home, so no commute for me. What a blessing!

It has taken 2 1/2 years to get here but it was worth it. I am soooo grateful for this opportunity! Thank you Robyn, I owe you dinner... for a year!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing Sara b!!! I am so proud of you! Way to go out and make it happen for yourself! I know you will do fantastic at this new job and I'm so excited to hear all about it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome sara so proud! also i think you have been texting my old phone so make sure youre using the 509 number cause i never check my other one! love you and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so exciting for you! You are meant to succeed, excell and live a happily ever after! : )

    ReplyDelete