Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pure Barre is Pure Genius

As a former dancer it has been a hard journey learning how to work out like normal people. I had to learn how to lift weights, use big machinery with lots of buttons, and how to wear shoes when exercising. It's been tough. I love working out and trying new things though, so when I discovered Pure Barre I was really intrigued because it is said to be inspired by ballet movements. Mostly I fell in love with the idea of regaining my long lost flexibility I used to have as a competitive dancer back in my "glory days". 


Check out Pure Barre at http://purebarre.com/:


 results in just 10 classes.
My triathlete training and hot yoga didn't prepare me for Pure Barre but I do feel right at home in the mirrored room and ballet bars. After the first class I was really sore and had a hard time sitting for a few days after. This week I have done back-to-back classes drinking lots of water, eating lots of protein, and taking baths if I'm sore. I am definitely sore enough to know it is working but sitting quite comfortably now. I was really surprised at just how hard it was with the small controlled movements over and over again. It completely exhausts your muscles. But hey "...by small and simple things things are great things brought to pass..." (Alma 37:6). Yeah my backside feels pretty great right now. 


I recommend the Bellevue studio for sure. Sami is my favorite instructor so far. It is just a coincidence that Pure Barre in the Seattle area happens to be one of my clients at work. By the way if you have a PRIME card you get a discount, which you will need cause it's spendy. But really can you put a price on being healthy and looking hot? I think not.


Next... Tahitian hula please. 

1 comment: